This theme is concerned with monitoring and influencing local leadership as well the election and appointment of leaders.
- County elections
- Appointments to key boards, e.g. Public Utilites and Planning & Zoning
- School board elections
- Capital projects such as golf course re-build.
Local government of interest
We monitor, analyze, and comment on the activities of various agencies, boards, and legislative bodies, including:
- Los Alamos County Council
- Board of Public Utilities
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- County advisory boards, e.g. Environmental Sustainability, Parks & Recreation, Transportation
- County operations
- LAPS School Board
- U.S. Forest Service
- Bandelier National Monument
We also work with staff implementing these activities, such as the County Manager and the Superintendent of Schools.