Trails & recreation
This theme is concerned with improving the experience of people who use Los Alamos’ trails and other open space recreation opportunities.
- Trail maintenance and building.
- Counting trail users in order to support quantitative arguments for the value of open space.
- Build an integrated trails plan for the eastern Jemez Mountains.
- Feral cattle in White Rock Canyon damage the ecosystem and pose a danger to hikers.
- Domestic cattle conflicts also occur, for example in Rendija Canyon and near Las Conchas.